Hey dreamers! Let’s discuss how to Enable Secure FTP in Raspberry Pi. This procedure was tested under Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Rasbian OS version 8 (Jessie).
* Part 1: Enable SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) access in Raspberry Pi
1. Open the shell and run the following command:
2. You should see the following screen, select 5 Interfacing Options, then press enter:
3. In the next shell screen, select P2 SSH, then press enter:
4. You will be asked to enable SSH server, just select YES using arrow or tab in the keyboard, then press enter.
* Part 2: Access Raspberry Pi SFTP using Filezilla
1. Install Filezilla and open it afterwards
2. In the Filezilla window, look for the following part:
Provide the following details then click quick connect:
Note: Replace the IP address in the above example with the IP of your Rasberry Pi
Username: (provide your username)
Password: (provide your password)
To be able to write to the www directory, add ownership of using the following example command:
sudo chown -R loginUserName /var/www